I read a good article in Inc.com the other day about building great business relationships. Having good relationships with someone doesn’t magically happen. Here are a few tips:
1. Communication. Obvious but people forget. Saying the things you want or don’t want ensures everyone is on the same page.
2. Quality time. No one likes feeling like second priority. Spend time with those that you hope to build relationships with. Put down your phone, be fully present.
3. Laughter. Laugh a lot with someone else-that's the easiest way to create a stronger connection. Knowing that you both are sharing in the same revelry will help foster camaraderie.
4. Generosity. Even though you may not think that people notice, it pays to be kind. People always remember when you buy them a cup of coffee, loan them an umbrella when it's raining, or reward them for landing them new business. Being generous with each other is an easy, but usually sincere, way to show that you care about and value this person without needing to say much at all.
5. Commitment. Following through is one of the most important aspects of relationship building that gets neglected today. The ability to commit to your words, whether it's something as simple as getting lunch or something as important as a promised promotion, is inarguably the thing people look for most in good relations. Don't make the mistake of being the one who flakes.
Thank you to Alannah Hill for partnering with me for this weekend outfit out at Mayfield Garden. I wore SS17 Secret Garden Dress which is perfect for the surroundings and with the Winter chill still in the air, my beautiful emerald green Versailles coat kept me warm. There are regular sales on at Alannah Hill and you can check out their website for more details on their beautiful collections.